Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Friend and Companion Shami

This is Shami...She is my constant companion when I am out working...I can always look around and she is there...It is funny...She is not my dog but thinks she is...My daughter adopted her from the pound but she took up with me...Nothing moves on the place that she doesn't let me know it...She is very territorial...Everybody wants to know if she will bite but I really don't know...She never has but that don't mean she won't...She is a great help watching my goats...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us see your goats and the new barn. Hope you are able to get it done before cold weather arrives. I know the goats will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shami reminds me of Bud, he was supposed to be the girls but since I was the one at home most of the time he chose me instead. We got him as a puppy so I was able to teach him a few things that were really cute. He followed me everywhere...I would make the rounds and feed and water the chickens, dogs, pony, cows, etc. whatever we had at the time and when I would sit down to rest he would lay his head on my lap. I never cuddled him in my arms because I read that if you do then they still want you to do that when they are too big to hold, so he was always happy to lay at my feet or lay his head in my lap. Good memories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention...love your new addition! There is nothing as cute as new baby animals!! Hope he likes his new home!! And about the barn raising regret...I know how you feel...the spirit is willing, etc. If we could only do half the things we would like to I'd be happy!! Love you, sis...until later V

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think my goats are prettier than yours.We took them next door with the intention of selling them to the man, but changed our mind when the one kept getting out on the roadside, plus his goats were so ugly. I hated to leave my pretty little babies there with them.Love you.

    ReplyDelete